quidni pro quo

Random musings at random intervals. Erudition not guaranteed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso area, Texas, United States

I'm a 40-something Christian, conservative, pro-life, Constitutionalist, motorcycle-riding, pick-up truck driving, wife, mother, state employee, ham radio operator and part-time college student, enlisted in the Texas State Guard. Everything else is subject to revision without notice.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Medical registry ignores benefits of responsible gun ownership

Snippet of article by David Codrea:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsurprisingly:
Most victims of gun violence, it turns out, are uninsured, and so academic medical centers...end up spending far more to treat victims than they can ever expect to be repaid.

...Gun violence is...an ailment related quite specifically to such factors as gang violence, domestic and substance abuse, mental illness and accidents that occur just about every day...
"An ailment."  Yeah, I got a bad case of the drive-bys flaring up again and the crack's not helping...
The editorial conclusion?
Gun owners can and must do better.
You know, by accepting more "gun control." And note the imperative "must."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the rest of the article at the link.  
73

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn B said...

I heard about this maybe a week ago. Pretty scary stuff. I keep forgetting to warn my family but now that I am again reminded of it I will try to remember to do so tomorrow morning.

6/06/2010 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home