quidni pro quo

Random musings at random intervals. Erudition not guaranteed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso area, Texas, United States

I'm a 40-something Christian, conservative, pro-life, Constitutionalist, motorcycle-riding, pick-up truck driving, wife, mother, state employee, ham radio operator and part-time college student, enlisted in the Texas State Guard. Everything else is subject to revision without notice.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

House vote permits guns in more places

By TOM HUMPHREY, tomhumphrey3@aol.com
April 19, 2007

NASHVILLE - In a surprise move, a House panel voted Wednesday to repeal a state law that forbids the carrying of handguns on property and buildings owned by state, county and city governments - including parks and playgrounds.

"I think the recent Virginia disaster - or catastrophe or nightmare or whatever you want to call it - has woken up a lot of people to the need for having guns available to law-abiding citizens," said Rep. Frank Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains. "I hope that is what this vote reflects."



Click on the link above to read the entire article. I think Nicely and Briley have the right idea - I'd love to see something like this proposed in Texas.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn B said...

Sounds great to me, hopefully it will happen in more places.

All the best,
GB

4/21/2007 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home