quidni pro quo

Random musings at random intervals. Erudition not guaranteed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso area, Texas, United States

I'm a 40-something Christian, conservative, pro-life, Constitutionalist, motorcycle-riding, pick-up truck driving, wife, mother, state employee, ham radio operator and part-time college student, enlisted in the Texas State Guard. Everything else is subject to revision without notice.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tyger, tyger...

It never fails....

A dangerous tiger escapes from its enclosure at a zoo, kills one person and mauls two brothers (after also mauling a zookeeper a year ago), and is shot and killed by officers as it turns on them.

Now, a family is mourning their son, and another family praying for the recovery of theirs, and people are crawling out of the woodwork to blame the officers who killed this "beautiful, endangered" predator who was "just doing what comes naturally."

Oh, gimme a break.

Folks, I will freely admit, and without apology, that I am racist... I am a HUMAN RACE-ist. I believe that the HUMAN RACE is, and should always be, at the top of the food chain. I don't care what ethnicity, color, nationality, religion, gender, political persuasion, et al you are, if you are a member of the HUMAN RACE then I'm more than just a wee bit prejudiced in your favor.

God called us to be good stewards of nature, not to worship it. Yes, it's a tragedy that the tiger had to be killed. It would be preferable if this had never happened in the first place. However, it did happen, and the alternative was to allow a creature that had learned it could kill, to try again. And again, without apology, I say "No."

To the families mourning and praying this evening, you have my prayers as well.

To the officers who stopped the tiger from killing anyone else, good shooting.

To those who are researching and working to ensure this can not happen again, while still being humane and generous to the animals in your charge, you have my wish for clear heads and sufficient resources to make it happen.

And to those who think the tiger was worth more than the lives of their fellow man, I hope you never find yourself on the wrong end of a tiger's claws. Because we'll find out what you really believe, then.

[/rant]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home