quidni pro quo

Random musings at random intervals. Erudition not guaranteed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso area, Texas, United States

I'm a 40-something Christian, conservative, pro-life, Constitutionalist, motorcycle-riding, pick-up truck driving, wife, mother, state employee, ham radio operator and part-time college student, enlisted in the Texas State Guard. Everything else is subject to revision without notice.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

On a lighter note

Drove down to a local feed store this afternoon to pick up a half-dozen bales of straw and a couple pallets to use as a backdrop for archery targets.

I drive a pickup, yes, but it's just a little Ranger - not exactly designed for hauling oversized loads. The pallets and bales definitely over-filled the bed. And - I'd forgotten my rope. So, I wound up driving home very carefully, avoiding main roads (and thus the majority of traffic) and keeping the speed down. I could just see the wind grabbing one of the bales and dumping straw all over the road....

When I got home, I told my husband that I'd just done two things I swore I'd never do: I drove with an unsecured load in a pickup, and I'd made a "straw purchase."

Ba-dum bum. The look on his face was priceless.

Next time, though, I'm remembering the rope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home