quidni pro quo

Random musings at random intervals. Erudition not guaranteed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso area, Texas, United States

I'm a 40-something Christian, conservative, pro-life, Constitutionalist, motorcycle-riding, pick-up truck driving, wife, mother, state employee, ham radio operator and part-time college student, enlisted in the Texas State Guard. Everything else is subject to revision without notice.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Voting

Voting is not only a right, it's a responsibility. It's like keeping house. Those who do not vote get exactly the government they deserve, and should not complain.

If you don't help with the house cleaning, don't think you've got the right to complain that it isn't being done your way. Roll up your sleeves, dig in and get to work, and then you'll have the right to critique the results.

That being said, I voted in the runoffs today. No, my candidate didn't win. But I didn't just sit on my behind & hope for "a favorable outcome." Voting matters. 'Tain't a democratic republic if the voice of the people (which includes me and my family) isn't being heard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn B said...

In that case, peace is a long way away for Israel. The Islamists (Arabs included) have little respect for their own kind, even for their own children whom they send out to blow themselves up in the name of Allah.

12/14/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home