quidni pro quo

Random musings at random intervals. Erudition not guaranteed.

My Photo
Name:
Location: El Paso area, Texas, United States

I'm a 40-something Christian, conservative, pro-life, Constitutionalist, motorcycle-riding, pick-up truck driving, wife, mother, state employee, ham radio operator and part-time college student, enlisted in the Texas State Guard. Everything else is subject to revision without notice.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Overheard...

...at the local Rod & Gun club range during a qualifier not too long ago:

"He couldn't hit sand if he fell off of a camel in the desert."

(and no, while I know the both the speaker and the spoken-of, I'm not going to name names and get myself into trouble. Heh.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenn B said...

Hmmm, sounds like either a pretty lousy shot, or someone who if he fell off of a camel in the desert would just float. I have seen some poor shots in my day, and have seen them improve ever so greatly with just a bit of coaching in the right direction. To bad the speaker was so full of hot air and not enough action to teach the spoken of how to shoot. I imagine the speaker would also be likely to float if he fell off of a camel - because of all that hot air.

7/27/2007 10:36 PM  
Blogger quidni said...

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously :-) Everyone involved had a good laugh off it, including the "spoken-of"(who -has- received a great deal of excellent instruction, btw).

You ever listen to the banter that goes on between old friends at a regular IDPA or IPSC meet?

I thought the mental imagery of the comment was funny, is all.

7/28/2007 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home